Please join Immigration & Compliance Practice Shareholder Nataliya Rymer and Associate Miriam C. Thomas for a webinar on the changing I-9 verification process May 2 at 1 p.m. EDT.
The pandemic led to a series of temporary rules for employers seeking to verify employee identity and work authorization via the Form I-9. As temporary I-9 flexibilities are set to expire, this webinar will provide employers with a better understanding of what they are expected to know and do today when it comes to navigating the complexities of the I-9 process in the post-COVID era.
Mistakes in the I-9 process can lead to fines and penalties, criminal and civil liability, disruption to business operations, and reputational damage. Learn how the I-9 process has changed and stands to shift again – and what steps to take to be proactive and implement best practices of I-9 compliance.
- Primer on the I-9 history, requirements, and I-9 verification process
- Recap of COVID-led flexibility provisions for I-9 processing
- Updates on 2023 flexibility provisions for Form I-9
- Completing I-9s in this “new normal” with an audit-avoidance lens
- Potential changes to I-9 verification process