We are pleased to present our readers with the 5 Trends to Watch in 2022 Israeli Business, presented by GT Tel Aviv’s Managing Shareholder Joey Shabot.
- Continuing “Talent Wars” for Skilled Employees – As demand for professionals across many sectors continues to grow along with remote work acceptance, employees’ geographic location is less important than ever for identifying and recruiting top talent.
- Increased Impact of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Considerations – While ESG has been the province of large multinational corporations, it will now begin to impact how young startups operate, manage risks, and market themselves to customers and investors.
- Continued Growth of Investment in Israeli Tech – Growth in this sector in both absolute and relative terms will further secure Israel’s prominence as a leading global tech hub. The increasingly fewer multinational companies not already present in Israel will find a way to enter the market, either through acquisitions or greenfield operations.
- Little Impact Expected from Inflationary Trends and Currency Volatility – Israel’s attractiveness as an investment destination for innovation will not be materially impacted by these trends.
- Shekel vs U.S. Dollar Strength Affects Buying Power – The shekel’s strength against the dollar will lead to increased buying power for Israeli consumers and larger Israeli enterprises that will become more active as purchasers in cross-border merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions.
About the Author
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is the only major international law firm with a multidisciplinary registered office in Israel, one of the world’s leading innovation and business capitals. We act as a gateway for Israeli businesses and entrepreneurs seeking legal counsel in relation to opportunities in the Americas, Europe, Asia, MENA Region, and throughout the world. Additionally, Greenberg Traurig’s global client base benefits from our on-the-ground knowledge of the legal aspects related to doing business with Israelis, and our depth of experience in assisting clients with legal matters related to opportunities in Israel. We are proud that our Israel Practice has been actively serving clients for more than 20 years, and includes more than 100 of our attorneys from other offices all around the world.