On Nov. 20-21, 2019, Greenberg Traurig participated in and sponsored the Israel Hotel Investment Summit in Tel Aviv, Israel. Washington, D.C. office Shareholder and Hospitality Practice Co-Chair Nelson Migdal joined a panel, together with representatives of leading international hotel brands, on the benefits of international brand penetration into the Israel hotel market, as well as legal structuring and operational models for hotels in Israel. Attended by more than 200 professionals from Europe, the United States, and Israel, the conference demonstrated Israel’s status as a major international hospitality destination. Tel Aviv office Managing Shareholder Joey Shabot (M&A), Shareholder Lawrence Sternthal (Real Estate), and Associate Saar Warner-Lipton (Real Estate) also attended the summit.
Here are the top five highlights:
- Since 2013, Israel’s hospitality industry has grown from 2 million tourists to 4.5 million tourists!
- The distinguished attendees and panelists from around the world highlighted the summit’s multinational appeal and focus.
- Israel’s leading hotel developers were well-represented.
- The optimism of the hospitality market attracted many non-traditionalists and first-timers to the event. Potential owners, developers, and investors saw the summit as their initial foray into hospitality.
- The dynamism of the hospitality market brought out a large number of young faces interested in getting involved, investing in Israel, and breaking into the market to take advantage of the hospitality space, which they saw as a solid business opportunity.
Thank you, International Hotel Investment Forum organizers, for all your efforts in making this event successful! And thanks to all who met with us at The Israel Hotel Investment Summit in Tel Aviv.
See you next year!